7 March 2012

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want...

NOTE: I have changed my blog name and address. You will be redirected to A Swell Place to Dwell in a few moments.  If you would like to go sooner please click here. 

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends. Make it last forever, friendship never ends.....OK...enough of that. If you were a child of the 90s like me, you will now have that very awesome song stuck in your head for the better part of a week.  But really, I'll tell you what I want, what a really really want is this....


There was an auction the other day in Sherwood Park as a local gym was closing it's doors. So we got up on Saturday all excited that we were going to finally get a treadmill (and a good one to boot).  Having an 8 month old and winter in Alberta means that I pretty much never get out running between November and April.  So the idea that I could just come home, watch the Bachelor and be on my lovely new treadmill was pretty exciting (although if we are being really honest here, I would  rather just have a big bowl of ice cream and sit under a blanket watching the Bachelor).

You want to know why we have a problem with too many projects?  It's because instead of coming home with that lovely treadmill, we came home with this...


Yup, that's right. It's yet another piece of furniture for our tiny little house. And it's massive! Why does that always happen? Oh well....when we bought it we had full intentions of bringing it down to the basement so that I could use it in my home office. Once I had to carry one end of that sucker off the truck and into the house I quickly changed my mind. And really, I can repurpose a filing cabinet into a credenza right? I think so.  In any case, it needs some help and a good coat of paint.  So it's no $1500 treadmill for us (they went for way too much at the auction by the way), but it is a rather monstrous $90 filing cabinet. Go figure.

Kelly



Pin It

1 comment:

Rachel said...

oh my god that is totally something I would do!!!!! hahahaha I'm sad you didn't get your treadmill :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...